Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Technology Integration in Small Groups

Because I don't have any ipads at this time to use with my Title 1 kids, I am going to fall back on Haiku Deck for my tech tool that I have been playing around with and implementing lessons in my 2nd grade Title 1 groups. Before my ipads were taken to be updated with apps, I had the students use Haidu Deck for their story, The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash.  The kids started with note cards to aid in planing slides that include the beginning, middle, and end of the story.  They needed to have at least 5 slides and a sentence on each one.  This activity isn't the highest level of the SAMR model but it does provide picture connections to new vocab words along with building creative skills.  Once again they really enjoyed getting a chance to retell the story using a creative approach with their own chosen pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Beth,
    What a great way to utilize Haiku Deck. I also like that you had them plan it out on the note cards first - I'm sure this helped aid them their thinking and processing. How did it go? I'm curious if there were any struggles on anything you would have done differently? Cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete