Friday, March 21, 2014

Capacity of a Teacher Leader

As a teacher, I have the capacity to impact the course of a child’s life every single day I am with them.  Likewise, students have the capacity to impact the course of my life every single day they are with me. Building community within my classroom is my top priority.  Building trust, striving for openness, and recognizing unique gifts and talents all weave together to bring about a classroom environment that develops life long learners. While I am building this kind of classroom each year, I lead with intention by giving each student the specific kind of attention they need.  Of course, leading in this way can be challenging; however, by practicing gratitude, I can remain vulnerable and present each day.  Along with building a caring community, I seek to construct authentic learning environments with each group.  By keeping my lessons student focused, I work backwards starting with the essential understandings that I want the students to internalized and end with the students being able to apply the understandings to new situations.  Overall, my life mission is to make a difference in this world.  I know I am making that difference everyday when I enter the building.  I have been blessed with the opportunity, each and every day, to be both a teacher and a learner.  I couldn’t ask for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment